• Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
• Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
• Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
• Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Facebook, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Hotjar, CloudFare and third party marketing agencies.
• Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including encrypted credit card numbers, iDEAL), email address, and phone number. If you order with us, your data is stored on our Secure Server for 2 months. So if something went wrong with your order, we can figure out where it went wrong. In order to personalize our website and your shopping cart, we store your information for 14 days.
• Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
• Source of collection: collected from you.
• Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our payment provider Mollie, Google, Facebook, Shipping Services, and other third party delivery services to the extent needed to ensure the best services offerings.
Customer support information
• Examples of Personal Information collected: Same as above as well as internal account identification numbers.
• Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
• Source of collection: collected from you.
• Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Mollie (payment provider), Google, Facebook, Shipping Services, and other third party customer services vendors contracted.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
• We use Mollie to power your online payments and our refunds.
• We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
• We use additional marketing and data analytics tools including but not limited to Google, Facebook, and MailChimp which collect additional data online and offline. This data is utilized for additional advertisement and marketing.
• If you join a contest or special promotion, we will ask for your name, address and e-mail address. We will use this information to announce the winner(s), execute the promotion and to measure the response on these marketing promotions.
• If you decide to write a review on Google or another review platform, you can choose whether you include your name or other personal information. It may be possible that we include these reviews also on our website.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
• We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• We use Facebook Pixel to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Facebook uses your Personal Information here: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
• We use Hotjar to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Hotjar uses your Personal Information here: https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007812474-Compliance You can also opt-out of Hotjar here: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/do-not-track/
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
• Your consent;
• The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
• Compliance with our legal obligations;
• To protect your vital interests;
• For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for 2 months unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our payment processor Mollie uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
• Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
• Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through email@example.com
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
_ab : Used in connection with access to admin.
_secure_session_id : Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
cart Used : in connection with shopping cart.
cart_sig : Used in connection with checkout.
cart_ts : Used in connection with checkout.
checkout_token : Used in connection with checkout.
secret : Used in connection with checkout.
secure_customer_sig : Used in connection with customer login.
storefront_digest : Used in connection with customer login.
Reporting and Analytics
_tracking_consent : Tracking preferences.
_landing_page : Track landing pages
_orig_referrer : Track landing pages
_fbc or _fbp: Facebook analytics
_ga or _gc: Google Analytics
_hjid: Hotjar analytics
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Such a withdrawal influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us. Please send your request to email@example.com
If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the description of the functions / services. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection under the above-mentioned contact details for the controller. Please send your request to email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority.
gGRASS Customer Service
6031 RK Nederweert
Last updated: 04-02-2021