”Use gGRASS in your garden, sports fields, roof gardens, wherever!
We make it as easy as possible, with a high chance of success. Just unroll it, cover it with soil, water it and you’ll have a beautiful, thick lawn in no time. Use it wherever you like, front garden, back garden, roof terrace, anywhere you want to turn green!
Grow a beautiful, eco-friendly lawn
Growing a high quality lawn or grass pitch is not straight-forward. The main challenges of growing grass successfully are planting seeds evenly, getting all the seeds to germinate and to prevent weed growth. A grower also needs to know exactly with how much water to feed the seed. Too much and the plant will be unable to access air; too little and the plant will lose the ability to absorb nutrients. Proper water air ratio is essential to a good start.
gGRASS addresses these challenges by delivering grass seeds on a roll, nestled in a perfect seed bed and enveloped in ‘germination micro-climate’ that protects seeds and holds biological growth stimulants in close vicinity of seeds.
How it works
1. Unroll it
- soil needs to be compacted firmly
- surface area needs to be levelled
- remove stumps, stones, roots and other debris
- pre-water the area before roll out
- fix end of roll to the ground before unrolling
2. Cover it
- cut seed roll to required shape
- cover rolls with layer of soil (thickness 0.5 to 1 cm; 0,25 to 0,5 inch)
- use the back of a plastic leaf rake or levelling rake for top dressing
- use roller (or plank) to lightly compact and level top soil layer
- foot traffic allowed on covered area while covering rolls
3. Water it
- keep area moist at first; germination starts
- first 1-2 weeks; light watering 2-3 times/day
- thereafter water seedlings regularly; less frequently but deeper
- no foot traffic on area in first 4 to 5 weeks
- beware not to soak the soil
4. Watch it
- do not mow too early
- start mowing when grass blades are 10 cm (4 inches) high
- mow regularly to increase lawn density
- after 10 to 12 weeks you will enjoy a beautiful green lawn
- after 20 weeks all raw materials are broken down in the ground
Timing to seed a lawn
Choosing the right time of the year is all about soil temperature. Make sure the ground is warm enough, but not too warm. Soil temperatures must be at least 12 degrees Celsius (55 degrees Fahrenheit) for Northern type of turf grasses. Air temperature must typically be between 15 – 27 degrees Celsius (60 -80 degrees Fahrenheit)
To guarantee high seed germination keep seed rolls in a cool, dry place. Shelf life is at least 1 year.